Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Chirp Beep For Cells

Okay,
Here's my first idea.
Someone needs to invent for cell phones the same chirp mechanism that makes smoke alarms chirp to alert battery replacement. The design should activate when the phone hasn't been used, turned on or touched in 24 hours. It should operate by a chirp every 20 seconds, so that lost cells phones can be located even when they turn off because of low battery. I personally know of at least ten cell phones that wouldn't have been replaced if this mechanism was in place.
Somebody invent it quick, before I lose my cell phone!

2 comments:

  1. I repeatedly wish that there was some battery independent thing I could do that would let me know where my cell was. In fact, I may often be found walking through the house clapping with the hope that for some reason someone put a device that responded to clapping without telling me.

    Good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Some battery independent thing I could do that would let me know where my cell was."

    They have one, but it's inconvenient to wear a "phone lanyard" around your neck all the time.

    ReplyDelete