Friday, October 26, 2007

Daughters

My daughters
Reborn endlessly of midnight labor,
I wrestle with your souls’ distress,
This imposed impossibility
Of liberating you
From brutal grip of certain life

Feeble me
Sidelined to the rear playground corner
Witnessing your tumbles,
Unable to retrieve--or aid you to believe
These bruises will convey
Their own distilling consolation

Daughters
Each so astonishing--disparate
Strong, yet ever fragile
How inadequate my prayers
My irregular devotion
Abandons you to deep abyss
Of faithless survival


Lord,
I granted them to You
An everlasting age ago,
Let my sacrifice suffice,
Impart hopeful
Salve to desperate wounds


My womb
Still aching with the fact of you,
Stinging waves swept you to my wild shores,
Forgive my labor’s fee
Embrace this deficient life
With love

No comments:

Post a Comment